Connect with Alaskan entrepreneurs
There are strict rules that govern how discussions with investors can take place; therefore, information on the website is limited.
In order for the Alaska Angel Conference to be successful, seasoned community-minded investors participate alongside novice first-time investors. Each investor purchases a unit of $5,000 or $10,000 in the Alaska Angel Conference LLC, and the funds are pooled to create an investment of $100,000 or more. In order to participate as an investor or entrepreneur, the Angel Conference must confirm Alaskan residency.
In the weeks leading up to the final event, investors will:
- hear pitches,
- perform due diligence,
- review the deals,
- negotiate term sheets,
- share their insights, and
- narrow the number of companies until six finalists remain
On the day of the AAC, the startup finalists will make their final pitches and the investors will select one company that will receive the investment.
This is not an offer to sell securities.
Resources for new angel investors:
- Video: “Introduction to Venture Capital” by Ernestine Fu and Stanford University
- Book: “Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist” by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson
- Angel Capital Association: Knowledge Center